Monday, March 21, 2011

Chronic pain is no joke, ferrealz.

For the last five years of my life, I've had to live with this shit.

Medications, doctors, more medications, more doctors, more tests.

There is hardly any cartilage left in my left knee. I'm falling apart, and I'm only 22. I don't want to be like this in twenty years, or worse.

Now that it's spring and the weather is getting warmer, I'm feeling less and less depressed, but I still feel like I'm holding out for something. I don't know what. I work full-time and then some and I'm going back to school next week. My life is about to become even more stressful and crazy, and I get flare-ups more often when I'm stressed.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to start eating better (although I don't eat TERRIBLY), and to get my place feeling like a home, and to spend more time with my dog, and all of my favorite people in the world.

It sounds really dumb & cheesy, but spring always feels more like a new beginning to me than the New Year does. Maybe it's because now I can open all of my windows, blast Radiohead's Kid A album, and get  to workin'.

Whatever it is, it's here, and I'm definitely feeling it. Things are changing for me in a good way, and I like it.

I just don't like living with a bum knee.
And a bad back.
And broken, rusty joints.

My Halloween costume this year: The Tin Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment