Thursday, March 10, 2011

I like this.

I like this feeling that I've had a lot lately.

Like suddenly, everything is okay. And I'm happy. Even though my life isn't perfect, I'm genuinely truly happy. I'm surrounded by amazing people: an awesome family, kick-ass friends, an adorable and loving pup.


My friends, my habits, my family. They mean so much to me.

I'm happy. When I think about my life three months ago, I don't think I was at all the same person.  I was high-strung and upset and stressed and angry most of the time. And now, after just a few short months, I've changed.  I'm more relaxed than I've been in years. I feel free to enjoy the little things that happen, the quiet moments, the fleeting ideas, the company of a few good people. I don't have to think about the big picture as much right now, or my future or anything else. Even though I worry about my friends and my family, I don't have to really be responsible for anyone anymore except for Juno. I can just focus on myself, on my life, and on the people who truly care about me and whom I also deeply care about.

I'm in a routine. I work, I come home, I repeat.
Time is flying so quickly.
There are days when I don't know what I'm doing, or where I'm going.


I'm okay with that. Things are amazing right now.

1 comment: