Sometimes I just have to wonder how it is possible for a person to be so completely, utterly, inherently annoying down to the very core of their being.
I think this quite often, and I find that this is often the case the older I get and the more time I spend on a college campus and working in a retail store. People are just obnoxious, oblivious, and rude in general. I'm not sure where our generation became so disinterested in having manners or in minding their own business. It's probably because of Facebook. Facebook allows people to be more transparent, more uninhibited, and more obnoxious, so that tends to carry over into real life.
Thanks a lot for thinking of JewBook, Mark Zuckerberg.
Anyway, this is only my personal theory, but I really do think it's true. Everywhere I go, people are attached to their iPhones or their iPods, letting doors slam in other people's faces and shoving their way through the aisles in classrooms. People throw things on the ground instead of in the trash. People shove all a manner of various and sundry items in the wrong places in stores that they shop in, with no regard for the people who actually have to put them back. People leave trash in annoying places, like on top of the paper towel dispenser in the restroom or shoved on a shelf in my store. And nobody seems to know how to properly dispose of their chewing gum anymore, either.
It disgusts and sickens me. It really does. It's bad enough that I have to LISTEN to people who grow increasingly louder and more attention-seeking in public. Loud groups of people sitting together in the cafeteria or traipsing across campus blasting their pretentious opinions loudly or screaming, "GIRL YOUR HAIR SO CUTE!" across the quad with no regard for the health of anyone else's eardrums fills me with the rage of ten Holocausts. Nobody knows how to shut the hell up anymore, because everyone thinks that they're the next big comedian and that everyone is just going to roll with laughter in their wake.
I grew up in the Midwest, but my mom is from the East Coast and approaches life much differently than most Midwesterners, even though she has lived here for 30 years. Growing up, I learned to do things quickly and to speak quickly and get to the point. My mom has little patience for slow people and meanderers, the types of people who troll around in large groups like overfed cattle, loudly braying their vapid opinions and conversations. And I, as much as I hate to admit it sometimes, am the same exact way.
Do you see me laughing? No. Especially not you, you obnoxious little twerp who blatantly cut me in line today at the cafeteria.
FUCK YOU. Seriously, fuck you. Fuck you with your little stupid beanie and your little stupid striped hipster sweater and your fresh "I just graduated from high school last year and I'm a total bad-ass" attitude. Fuck you and your stupid Converse shoes and your artfully disheveled hair. Your parents probably still give you lunch money and bought you a 2009 Xterra for your 16th birthday. Your outright rudeness and disrespect for anyone else in your surroundings is atrocious. I was VERY CLEARLY standing in line and you just looked RIGHT AT ME IN THE EYES and walked around me and just stood in front of me.
I don't give a shit who cuts me in line, whether it's Robert Downey, Jr. or the Queen of fucking England. I'm going to say something.
So I tapped you on the scrawny little shoulder and said, "Excuse me. I was standing here. Did you not see a girl with blue hair who is at least four inches taller than you just standing right here, patiently waiting to pay for her latte? Was there a momentary short circuit in your brain where you forgot that you were in public and that lines exist for a reason? That was incredibly rude, and you better learn some goddamn manners, son."
And right at that point, another cashier opened up another register, and I walked away and paid for my latte before you even got to buy your Vitamin Water.
To some people, cutting in line might not be a big deal and they might say, "Oh, well, you know, sometimes people might not realize that there's a line" or "Oh, it's not going to do any good to say anything so I might as well just let it go." But nobody just ACCDIENTALLY cuts in line. If I go somewhere and I see someone standing even remotely NEAR the register, I always ask them to make sure that they aren't in line before I go charging ahead to pay for my shit. And if I see someone cutting someone else in line, I will say something.
Nobody expects the tiny, innocent-looking (HAH) girl to say something, so it always comes as a surprise when I put someone in their place. I will not stand for line-cutting. It is a grave injustice to society.
Lines exist for a reason. WAIT YOUR GODDAMN TURN.
No comments:
Post a Comment