Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm living in La La Land.

WARNING: EXTREMELY GAY POST AHEAD




I'm happy. I don't care what anyone else says, thinks, or does. I'm happy. 

I didn't think it would happen so soon. I thought it would take so much more time for me to feel like a normal human being again. My insides had been scooped out and stomped on and thrown around so much that I wasn't sure if I could ever repair myself. I think back to the way my life was just six months ago, and how different my life is now. I feel so much freer. And even though I'm going to school part-time and working crazy hours, I'm still happy, and less stressed, and I feel like my eyes have been re-opened again to how beautiful and amazing life can be sometimes.

I feel like a different person. I have a wonderful, supportive family. My mom drives me nuts but always gives me a reality check and listens to me when I'm upset. My dad and I have amazing conversations and we share the same sense of humor and taste in books. My brother is my best friend and I sometimes hate that he's an hour away in Columbus but I know that it isn't forever and that going to school there makes him happy, because he's an amazing artist and an awesome person to boot. My baby brother (and when I say "baby" I mean "almost 17"...eeeeek!) is a total riot and the kid has a good heart and a good head on his shoulders. My friends have put up with my bullshit for years and have helped me out more than they could possibly ever know. I love you guys. Each and every one of you.

I have the most adorable, loving, sweetest, cuddliest little baby girl ever. I don't care how obnoxious it is that I love my dog more than anything in the universe. She has taught me more about life in the last eight months than I have learned in the last eight years. I honestly believe that she was sent to find me. I'm so lucky to have her. I don't know what I would have done in the last few months without her. On the days when I didn't feel like getting out bed because I was too depressed, her little wiggly ass running around the house trying to get me to play or curling up against my back in bed and comforting me when I was sad forced me to get up and continue living real life. Having her kept me sane, and kept me from entering a darker place in my mind. She was there to remind me, "Hey, you have other responsibilities, and as long as you feed my fat little butt, I'll sit on your lap while you cry into my fur."

And lastly, my awesome boyfriend. He came out of nowhere and he kicks ass. I've never really matched someone so well in personality, sense of humor, and everything else under the sun, yadda yadda.

Life is real good, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment