I know that I totally don't post about my dog enough (right, you guys), so here's another post about her.
Let me just say this: I fucking LOVE her.
She's the biggest sweetheart in the world, and she is my best friend. And if it weren't for some friends of mine, I wouldn't have her in my life. I owe it all to them for reaching out and caring for another living creature that just wanted to be loved. They didn't have to do it, and they did. And now Juno is my family. She has completely changed my life and she makes every day so much better. Even the shittiest days are twenty times better when I see her goofy wiggly little butt running up to me and when she snuggles in on my lap with a little sigh.
Today, she finally got to go play with them, and their dogs, Chuck and Sugar. Seeing her running around the yard with Chuck with this look of total bliss on her face made me tear up a little. They were totally two peas in a pod. She was so goddamn happy and seeing her so happy just gave me this huge sense of relief, like I'm finally doing something right. This little girl is just so dependent on me and loves me so much and I'm actually doing this right! I'm not screwing it up! I'm a good mom! When she saw them again, she remembered right away and it was such an amazing thing. It was like no time had passed at all. She even went looking for her old food dish and snuggled in her old blanket. I'm so happy right now thinking about it that I'm starting to tear up and that's a really embarrassing thing for me to admit on the Internet. Now she's sitting next to me on the couch, totally tuckered out and sleeping peacefully.
Today was a really good day.

No comments:
Post a Comment